TTopForums
Your support source for TTopRPG 2.0
(These forums are my beginning attempts at PHP/MySQL/CSS. They will improve bit by bit)
I started coding these forums on 5/20/2009 with almost no prior experience with PHP or MySQL.
Javascript routines work with IE 8, Mozilla Firefox 3.0.10, and Opera, so far
Pardon the color scheme, I continue to tinker with it
Username:
Password:

Not registered? Sign up now!
Forgotten password
Home > TTopRPG > TTopRPG General
You must be logged in to add a reply to this thread.
Posts for thread: TTopForums Thread - What do you think of map flares?
Pygon
February 11th, 2012 3:47 PM

As of TTop 121, map flares were added. You can SHIFT-tap the map quickly to drop a 4 second marker.

What do you think? Too distracting? Useful? Give me your feedback here!
MadBeard
February 21st, 2012 12:29 PM

I haven't noticed till today that you did a update
If this is what I think it is, then it's great
I'll try this immediately when I get home from work and I'll give you feedback.

Btw, I started Kingmaker adventure path and my 4 players and I love it. Especially it's quite ease to run with TTopRPG
Pygon
February 21st, 2012 5:50 PM

Excellent, glad to hear it!

I'm actually thinking about how I would add Glittercomm crayons, so that might happen as well.
MadBeard
February 22nd, 2012 12:31 PM

Flares you added are useful, but using SHIFT key is little awkward because when you press SHIFT all icon statuses are visible. This is especially awkward when there is lot of icons on map (we had this situation yesterday).
Maybe you could replace shift with another key?
Altogether, for my gaming group, this flare is much better then regular markers. They don't have to delete them all the time

If you could manage to do it, those crayons would be even more useful
Pygon
February 22nd, 2012 8:02 PM

Sadly Ctrl and Alt are taken up by other hotkey functions. SHIFT was all I had left.

Ctrl click allows the GM to persistent select an icon or rectangle select many icons.
Alt click starts a ruler.
MadBeard
February 23rd, 2012 5:37 PM

Don't worry, we'll manage with shift

I noticed one more thing that could be useful.
When you place icon-feature, name of feature is invisible to players.
Is it possible to implement in setting menu or in icon menu that GM can turn feature names on/off?
Kingmaker is based on kingdom building - city building. I imported city grid as a map and buildings as features, because if buildings is as regular icons then icon rim is visible (square). And with features names invisible, players can't see wich buildings they have built.
Don't bother if this is to complicated to implement. It's not that big deal, I'll set buildings as regular icons.

Thanks very much
Pygon
February 23rd, 2012 9:00 PM

It's possible that a GM might or might not want a particular feature name to be visible for players. I'd rather not add another blank to the icon screen.

However, if you give the building icons zero hp, they will have a simpler caption (neutral blue, no health status)
MadBeard
February 25th, 2012 3:28 PM

Pygon said:

It's possible that a GM might or might not want a particular feature name to be visible for players. I'd rather not add another blank to the icon screen.

Sorry , but I not sure if I understand you.

Pygon said:

However, if you give the building icons zero hp, they will have a simpler caption (neutral blue, no health status)

I know that, but if it's not a feature then there is icon border visible and it's getting in a way, beacuse some buildings are rectangular shape, not a square.
I have 1x1 building, 2x1 and 2x2.
Pygon
February 25th, 2012 7:26 PM

I just meant if you want optional borders or captions, those would be additional switches in the icon form. I want to keep the number of enterable options to a minimum.

Hmm. Rectangular buildings. I don't know what to tell you. Unless you can place a 1ft size little white icon with no graphic and give that a name as a highlightable item on the building. That way players can hit SHIFT to see all the building they made or highlight each to inspect them, and leave the building graphics as features. TTop doesn't support rectangular highlightable icons/features.
MadBeard
February 27th, 2012 6:20 PM

I know that ttoprpg doesn't support rectangular icons but I did found a solution.

Buildings as icons with SHIFT on

Buildings as features

Green square is 40x40 ft and little green square (dashed white line) is 20x20 ft
I set smallest building (Herbalist) 18x18 ft, largest (Arena) 32x32 ft and rectangular (Garrison) 32x32 ft.
So my garrison and herbalist overlaps.

Pygon said:

I just meant if you want optional borders or captions, those would be additional switches in the icon form. I want to keep the number of enterable options to a minimum.

That would be nice if you can implement. If not, I'll use what you suggested. Another blank icon with name. Btw nice idea. It didn't cross my mind to do that
You must be logged in to add a reply to this thread.

Welcome to our newest member: Kadomagiva
Current Date/Time (GMT +0): Tuesday, December 18th, 2018 11:02 AM

Contact admin: cyack@gamemodel.com
Hosted at www.teknetdomains.com (JonathanShade's hosting)